I got Pokemon Black!

benoit489

Assistant Regional Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Pretty much done with finals so school is over for the summer. Now I can kick back and relax for the rest of this month and play some pokemanz until my summer job starts. Any tips? I have never played a Pokemon game before.

Make sure you're Pokemon team is about the same when it comes to Level. You don't want to rely on one to much, what if it faints? Who will you rely on?

Also, I usually like to stay ahead of the enemies. By that I mean I usually have my pokemon's levels 5-10 levels higher than the pokemon of the area I'm traveling.

if you go to the dreamyard (north-east of the gym), you can get a elemental monkey that is strong against the gyms monkey.
also, what's your team?

Ahh...you fell into the trap of the overpowered starter. It's better to have a team of 6 that are all similar level but slightly below the level of the pokemon you're facing than one overpowered pokemon and 5 terrible ones. The way you're going, as soon as Emboar goes down, you're done for. Just for comparison, by the time I had a pokemon at level 57, I believe my team at the time was...

Serperior (57)
Chandelure (55)
Zekrom (52)
Zoroark (56)
Reuniclus (53)
Rufflet (49)

The Rufflet I had recently caught and was working with to match the other levels when Serperior hit the 57th level...and I'm pretty sure this was after I beat the main storyline btw. Also, I'm going to send you a PM with my White friend code at the beginning of the weekend...we should battle
smile.gif

@Lord Regal: He's actually not, i beat the entire game except the first gym with an emboar. with the right moves and constant healing he'll be fine.

@Lord Regal: He's actually not, i beat the entire game except the first gym with an emboar. with the right moves and constant healing he'll be fine.
What if he faces a water type? Or a Shedinja?

That's a good point. I'm either guessing his Emboar is levelled up so high that the type weaknesses are evened out, the moveset of Emboar can handle most situations, or... I don't really know, I'm interested how a single Pokemon run can work, heh.

What if he faces a water type? Or a Shedinja?

That's a good point. I'm either guessing his Emboar is levelled up so high that the type weaknesses are evened out, the moveset of Emboar can handle most situations, or... I don't really know, I'm interested how a single Pokemon run can work, heh.
Well, I think only normal or ghost attacks work at him, but he has only 1 hp..

@NintenDan & Pitfall: well other than cheren with samurott there aren't really any water pokemon to worry about. arm thrust kills them in two or three hits, so just use hyper potions when your get hit by a critical water moves. generation 5 don't have shedinja but fire would kill him anyway. oh pitfall normal moves can't super-effective.

@NintenDan & Pitfall: well other than cheren with samurott there aren't really any water pokemon to worry about. arm thrust kills them in two or three hits, so just use hyper potions when your get hit by a critical water moves. generation 5 don't have shedinja but fire would kill him anyway. oh pitfall normal moves can't super-effective.
Who's this pitfall? Also I don't think fire moves are super-effective against Ghost and Bug.

Who's this pitfall? Also I don't think fire moves are super-effective against Ghost and Bug.

well somebody obviously hasn't played pokemon in a while. since when was fire not very effecttive against ghost types?

Well I feel I should let you guys know this topic became a joke after the 5th post. I beat the game a long time ago, with a diverse team.

...and Fire is super effective against Bug.

@Fillfall & Gagagoogle: you don't have much pokeknowledge do you?

Back